Nordic Walking for balance and fitness
Guest Phill Alcock will talk about techniques and use of pole Assisted Walking to help people get active.
Exercises with poles will help to train proprioception, posture, balance and gait. This is good practice for everyone at any age. It’s never too soon to protect us from potential issues which may arise.
All of these issues are important for us all in order to prevent problems when we age. It's never too soon or too late to protect our mobility.
- 12 midday Meet and greet and tremor news update
- 12.30pm Phil Alcock - Nordic Walking for balance and fitness
About Phill Alcock
Phill Alcock of British Nordic Walking and a team of coaches in collaboration with Professor Lettie Bishop of Loughborough University, have designed a unique programme for physical and mental health activity. This includes special advice on using ordinary walking as an effective Fitness Enhancer and, especially relevant to the National Tremor Foundation, specific programmes for anyone with mobility issues. The team are commencing research into Essential Tremor and Orthostatic Tremor and are seeking volunteers to help develop this program for these conditions.
Please note: This talk will be recorded.
- Unaccompanied children under 18 years old are unable to attend our online meet ups and events.
- For security please do not forward on Zoom links.
- This is UK time. If you are joining us from abroad please check the time zone differences.
|Event Date||14th Apr 2021 12:00pm|
|Event End Date||14th Apr 2021 1:30pm|
|Cut off date||14th Apr 2021 1:30pm|
|Categories||National Tremor Foundation|