Are you a teacher? A health professional? Or a researcher? Are you interested in learning more about neurological tremor and getting involved in the NTF? Then join our network for professionals
By joining our network you will get the opportunity to connect with other professionals, learn how to get involved in the National Tremor Foundation, receive our newsletter and research updates, and get invited to events.
Facts about neurological tremor
- Essential tremor is considered as one of the most common neurological movement disorders.
- Essential tremor affects over one million people in the UK, 10-million in the USA and millions more worldwide.
- Essential tremor is a progressive neurological disorder. At least 5% of all cases of essential tremor are in childhood.
- It is estimated that 60% of all cases are inherited.
- Essential tremor is often confused with Parkinson’s. Essential tremor is estimated to be 8–10 times more common than Parkinson’s.