Donate to the NTF
Donations by Cheque
Please make all cheques payable to the National Tremor Foundation and send to our offices at the following address:-
The National Tremor Foundation
Harold Wood Polyclinic
St Clement’s Avenue
Harold Wood, Essex
Gift Aid – An Overview
Gift aid is tax relief on money donated to UK charities.
HM Revenue & Customs treat donations as if the donor had already deducted basic rate tax from them. Therefore, the National Tremor Foundation can reclaim this tax to increase the value of a donation.
Gift aid rules
- pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax themselves to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim
- give the charity a gift aid declaration, which should include
- their name
- their home address
- the charity’s name
- details of the donation – saying that it is a gift aid donation
- confirmation that they have paid UK tax – to cover the tax the charity will reclaim.
A declaration can be made to cover:
- individual donations
- a series of donations
- donations made during a specified period
- future donations.
They can also be backdated for up to 6 years prior to the date of the declaration provided the donation was made after 6 April 2000.
Please download the form using the link below. Once completed and returned to us we can ensure that the value of your donation is increased.