Take part in a fundraising challenge - whether that is a 5K run or the London Marathon! We are looking for people to inspire others, raise awareness of tremor and funds for the NTF.
"My advice for people with tremors who want to run for NTF: GO FOR IT!!"
Anne-Lise, Royal Parks Half Marathon 2020 runner
Why raise awareness of neurological tremor?
- Essential tremor is considered as one of the most common neurological movement disorders.
- Essential tremor affects over one million people in the UK, 10-million in the USA and millions more worldwide.
- Essential tremor is a progressive neurological disorder. At least 5% of all cases of essential tremor are in childhood.
- It is estimated that 60% of all cases are inherited.
- Essential tremor is often confused with Parkinson’s. Essential tremor is estimated to be 8–10 times more common than Parkinson’s.
Five reasons to fundraise for the NTF
- We are the only charity supporting all forms of neurological tremor
- The NTF runs over 30 support group events a year
- We have lead the campaign for Focused Ultrasound on the NHS
- We provide support for over 100,000 people a year!
- We have a network of people with neurological tremor in over 50 countries worldwide!
Why not take part in one of our running events in 2022?
The Great South Run
Date: 16 October 2022
Type: 10 miles flat coastal run
Royal Parks Half Marathon
Date: 9 October 2022
Type: Half-marathon city run