Raise awareness of tremor and celebrate summer your way and meet others. Why not have a picnic with your friends, a BBQ with your family, or tea and scones in the park.
The aim of the Summer Tea Party is to provide people with neurological tremor (including essential tremor and orthostatic tremor) a voice and raise awareness whilst having fun. Why not share your personal story and personal coping tips with others? Or simply share your Summer Tea Party pictures using the hashtag #NTFTeaparty.
When meeting others people ensure you follow Government Covid guidelines.
Countdown until the Summer Tea Party begins!
Why raise awareness of neurological tremor?
- Essential tremor is considered as one of the most common neurological movement disorders.
- Essential tremor affects over one million people in the UK, 10-million in the USA and millions more worldwide.
- Essential tremor is a progressive neurological disorder. At least 5% of all cases of essential tremor are in childhood.
- It is estimated that 60% of all cases are inherited.
- Essential tremor is often confused with Parkinson’s. Essential tremor is estimated to be 8–10 times more common than Parkinson’s.
Five reasons to fundraise for the NTF
- We are the only charity supporting all forms of neurological tremor
- The NTF runs over 30 support group events a year
- We have lead the campaign for Focused Ultrasound on the NHS
- We provide support for over 100,000 people a year!
- We have a network of people with neurological tremor in over 50 countries worldwide!
How it works
1. Register your event
Register your event for the latest updates and news.
2. Plan your event
Organise an outdoor get together. Think BBQ with friends, afternoon tea with your loved one, teddy bear's picnic with the kids.
3. Have fun and share it!
Share stories and pictures with friends and family using the hashtag #NTFTeaparty to raise awareness of neurological tremor.
Why not start a collection for the NTF using Virgin Money Giving?
Below are some major celebrations in August.
|1st Aug||Yorkshire Day|
|2nd Aug||Summer Bank Hol, Scotland.|
|4th Aug 2021||International Owl Awareness Day|
|8th Aug||International Cat Day|
|13th Aug||Left Handers Day|
|15th Aug||Afternoon Tea Week|
|15th Aug||National allotments week|
|26th Aug||National Dog Day|
|27th Aug||National burger day|
|28th Aug||International Bat Night.|
|30th Aug||Bank Holiday. England|
1. Find the details of your local newspaper or radio station
Find the contact email address of your local newspaper or radio station. If you can find the email address and name of a journalist the better!
2. Write to your local newspaper or radio station
Write to them an email using:
- our press release cover letter template
- a high resolution photograph of yourself.
3. Good luck!
If you do not hear from them, then feel free to chase.
If you do secure a radio interview please use our Talking to media and general public guidelines.
Finally if you do secure radio coverage or need addtional advise, please contact us on email@example.com
Print versions can be ordered from the NTF office.