National Essential Tremor Awareness Month 2021
Take part in a National Essential Tremor Awareness Month 2021!
Calling everyone from doctors and fundraisers to therapists and teachers!
We are looking for people from all walks of life to inspire others and raise awareness of essential tremor.
What is National Essential Tremor Awareness Month?
National Essential Tremor Awareness month, was started by the International Essential Tremor Foundation (IETF), in the USA to raise awareness of essential tremor and has since been growing internationally from strength to strength.
Why get involved in National Essential Tremor Awareness Month 2021?
- Essential tremor is considered as one of the most common neurological movement disorders.
- Essential tremor affects over one million people in the UK, 10-million in the USA and millions more worldwide.
- Essential tremor is a progressive neurological disorder. At least 5% of all cases of essential tremor are in childhood.
- It is estimated that 60% of all cases are inherited.
- Essential tremor is often confused with Parkinson’s. Essential tremor is estimated to be 8–10 times more common than Parkinson’s.