National Essential Tremor Awareness Month 2023
What is National Essential Tremor Awareness Month?
National Essential Tremor Awareness month, was started by the International Essential Tremor Foundation (IETF) in 2010 in the USA to raise awareness of essential tremor and has since been growing internationally from strength to strength.
Why get involved in National Essential Tremor Awareness Month 2023?
- Essential tremor is considered as one of the most common neurological movement disorders.
- Essential tremor affects over one million people in the UK, 10-million in the USA and millions more worldwide.
- Essential tremor is a progressive neurological disorder. At least 5% of all cases of essential tremor are in childhood.
- It is estimated that 60% of all cases are inherited.
- Essential tremor is often confused with Parkinson’s. Essential tremor is estimated to be 8–10 times more common than Parkinson’s.
Get involved in National Essential Tremor Awareness month!
1. Find the details of your local newspaper or radio station
Find the contact email address of your local newspaper or radio station. If you can find the email address and name of a journalist the better!
2. Write to your local newspaper or radio station
Write to them an email using:
- our press release cover letter template
- attaching our press release
- a high resolution photograph of yourself.
3. Good luck!
If you do not hear from them, then feel free to chase.
Finally if you do secure radio coverage or need addtional advise, please contact us on email@example.com
Print versions can be ordered from the NTF office.
Order NETA posters and flyers
Do you want to raise awareness of essential tremor? Then why not order some of free NETA posters and flyers. Perhaps you could put some up in your local GP? Maybe even in the local library? Or even hand some flyers out at your local U3A group?
Let shout about essential tremor together in 2023!